Thank you so much, Doris. Everything is just lovely.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Thank you so much, Doris. Everything is just lovely.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
1. When Rita Skeeter prints a bad articles about Hagrid in the Daily Prophet, which Professor teaches Hagrid's Care of Magical Creatures class while he is away?
c. Professor Grubbly-Plank
2. What was the article Rita Skeeter wrote about Hagrid called?
c. Dumbledore's Giant Mistake
3. When the school champions were being chosen from the Goblet of Fire, whose name came out first
b. Viktor Krum
4. What is the spell Ludo bagman says to magically magnify his voice when he commentates?
5. What kind of dragon did Cedirc have to face in the first task?
b. A Swedish Short-Snout
6. Who raised the trophy after winning the world cup?
b. Troy and Quigley
7. How many bedrooms did Mundungus Fletcher claim to have?
8. For what did Moody mistake his birthday gift of a carriage clock?
b. A basilisk egg
9. What did Mr. Ollivander produce for the end of Cedric's wand?
d. Silver smoke rings
10. The dark mark is on Snape's left arm.
Picture Scavenger Hunt
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Try to use different answers if the person in front of you had the same 1st initial. You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question
What is your name.......................... Petunia
4 Letter Word..........................
Something you wear....................... Panties
Something found in a bathroom........... powder
Reason for Being Late.........................
Something You Shout........................ Protego (shield charm)
Monday, February 18, 2008
1. With whom does Ginny go to the Yule Ball?
2. When Harry arrives at the Burrow and Mrs. Weasley makes them all dinner the night before they leave for the Quidditch World Cup, what does her wand turn into?
a. rubber mouse
3. Since some of the sixth-year girls didn't have any quills on them, what did they think Krum might sign their hats in?
4. How old does the Quick Quotes Quill say that Rita Skeeter is?
5. What color cloak is wormtail wearing in the Riddle house?
6. What color is "Mad Eye" Moody's magical eye?
7. What color are the robes that Rita Skeeter was wearing when Harry meets her at the Weighing of the Wands ceremony?
8. What does Sirius Black tell Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him when speaking around anyone else?
9. Which team beat Wales, disqualifying them from competing for the Quidditch World Cup?
10. What does Madame Maxime say is the only thing her steeds will drink?
c. single-malt whiskey
Goblet of Fire
Dragon from first challenge*
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Hogsmeade will never be the same. I was helping out in the store (Hogwarts weekends are always kind of crazy) when I heard THE VOICE. Which voice? Have you been paying attention?? GUS CAULDWELL!! He has the dreamiest voice. Like velvet rubbed the wrong way, rough but soft at the same time. He was there with some friends (a 4th year Hufflepuff named Charles, and two Gryffindors). I froze. I'd been cleaning out some cages and there I stood with my hair in a ponytail and my hands full of Fwooper Pooper Scooper. I tried to duck out of sight but I wasn't fast enough. "Hey Tuney," he said with a nod. Charles and the other two barely acknowledged me. I managed to squeak out a "um, Hi Gus," before one of the guys pointed to the Horntail my brother brought in (strictly for display purposes--it's only a baby and its flame has been extinguished). They wandered around the shop for a bit looking at the spiders and snakes and things, and I ran to the backroom to hide until they left. I mean, why do you always see the cute boys when you look awful?
I was in the back straightening the cans of Hippogriff flea powder when Mum came back with a smile and said, "Tuney, someone wants to speak with you." I walked out and there was Gus, all alone and looking kind of shy, actually.
"Hey, Tuney, I was wondering if you have to work all day or if you get a break at all."
I was struggling to speak when Mum piped up, "Oh I think she's done for the day. Why don't you run along, Honey. You can go back to school with this nice young gentleman."
Girls, there is nothing worse than your mother giving you the ol' "wink, wink" in front of the boy you have a crush on.
"I'll just be a minute, Gus." I said quickly, then ran to the back to fix my hair and make sure I didn't have any animal bits on me.
We walked over to the Three Broomsticks but the place was overflowing with rowdy Ravenclaws, so instead we just strolled quietly by ourselves and talked. And talked. One of the girls at school (she wasn't a Hufflepuff, but I wish I could remember her name so I could thank her) warned me that Gus's family is very into bloodlines, so I didn't mentioned that my father was born a muggle. I only told him that, yes, I'm of the Kensington Acromantulas (that's my grandpa). We stopped in Honeyduke's, where Gus bought me a bag of Bertie Bott's Beans (my favorite!) and then we walked all the way down to the lake past the train station. We watched the clouds and tried to guess the flavors of the beans and then he did it--GUS KISSED ME!! It was just a quick one, but still a kiss. From Gus! Only the cutest boy ever. (except maybe Cedric Diggory, but really, it's hard to beat that) He's liked me since last year, but he kept telling himself I was too young. He said I seem more mature this year (Ha!) so he figured he'd ask me out. SQUEEEEEEEEAAAALL!!
As we were heading back, Gus spotted an old broomstick by the train station and told me, "Wait here," before taking off into the sky. I watched him fly in circles and loops until smoke started pouring out of the brush. Then, I realized that the smoke was making sense. He's a picture I drew of my handsome Gus and his broomstick skywriting.
la la la lala...(sigh). Now it's all I can do to concentrate on my lessons. When we pass in the halls, he gives me a sly wink with his beautiful green eyes and maybe a little smile. I'm in love.