Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hooray! I have my swap partner!

Headmistress Wartbobbble is really an amazing woman. First of all, she's in charge of this whole school, and considering what happened in the Ravenclaw common room yesterday (and the term hasn't even started) she really has her hands full. On top of that, she has organized this Sock Kit Swap, which is just a HUGE project. So, let's have a round of applause for our beloved headmistress, shall we?

My swap partner--well, the one I'm sending a kit to--is a Ravenclaw. I had two Ravenclaw swap partners last term, both my sending and receiving. I do love the Ravenclaw colors, but was kinding of hoping to do something different. No matter--I know where to find some awesome yarn in their house colors and already have a bag pattern in mind. Now I can get started...as soon as I finish Cuthbert's hat (that's my little brother).

My sister, Agatha, sent me an owl today wishing me the best this term. She's such a tough act to follow since she was a Prefect and scored practically perfectly in her N.E.W.Ts. Alas, poor thing, she married a muggle and he prefers that she not use magic in the home. I don't know what I'd do if I had to do chores by hand. She gave me some advice on how to talk to Gus Cauldwell without giggling. Aggie was always so popular and had the handsomest boyfriends. (Even her muggle hubby is a looker)

I have an older brother too. His name is Uric and he works for the Ministry in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures--Dragon Research Division. You can guess where I get my love of exotic creatures. He's single, if any of you know of any available witches who like a little adventure in their lives.

No comments: